*Update* I should mention that Karin Dailey took these professional photos and an awesome job was done!
So all that talk about rocking out at the Worcester Palladium and not a darn picture to show for it? No more! Here are some pro shots we paid a pretty penny for so now we can look like a legite band. ;)
So far we are a 4-piece, looking to expand two more members. Being that we're tuned low and play metal, we've been able to get away with no 'lower end' for a while. However! We just might be getting a bassist (after months of auditioning) very soon. His name is Steve and he's grrrreat! Okay, enough with the cheese. For now, here is the band as it has been for over a year.
From top left to bottom right: Mike- guitarist, Suzie (THAT'S ME!)- vocalist/crazy lady, Kevin- drummer and Matt- guitarist.
Because I didn't want to make this blog ridiculously picture heavy, I asked Mike to make a mosaic. See, he's a photoshop genius, so he does a lot of favours. Tee hee Anyway, because Flickr is totally awesome, you can click on it for a larger view. However, Mikey made some of the cool crowd shots too small! So, I decided to repost them underneath in all their glory.
Oh, and don't try this at home:
Now, for a meme I found off of Just the Food. You should do it too, even if you don't get all the way through mine. ;) I love reading other people's surveys and such!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Okay, it's Silk, sugar-free. I hated it at first, but now it's perfect in everything that calls for milk. Now that I'm used to it, regular Silk tastes too disgustingly sweet. It's odd how your mind can get un-used to things. For a dessert-flavoured drink, however, I will go with Mocha Silk Milk.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Pumpkin ziti, roasted tofu with stuffing and white chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream frosting.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Earth balance, garlic powder, salt, pepper and tobasco sauce.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
That would have to be strawberry shortcake. I was a brand new cook at the time. I accidentally put a cup of baking soda in it. You can imagine the rest. My mother was a sweetheart and helped me make a new one. I always have that problem where if a recipe fails, I WILL re-make it immediately, the RIGHT way.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Don't think I'm a fan of pickled items.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
There are tons of them floating around, but I plan on getting a three-ring binder and putting them in sections by snacks, drinks, desserts, entrees, etc... in alphabetical order.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Well, I want to start a compost but my friend tells me that it will smell bad. For now, I use the trash, saving what I can, but boy do I wish I had a garbage disposal! Someday...
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Pasta, roasted garlic potatoes and chocolate cake.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Circus cookies! Everyday when I came home from kindergarten, my mother would make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with circus cookies while I watched my favourite shows.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Wheelers Black Label Vegan ice cream. I've only tried it once. But it's THAT good. Buuuut... my favourite flavour ice cream always has been and always will be cookies and cream.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
For now it's my big soup pot, but I would love, love, love a state of the art food processor. I'm old fashioned. I don't have a lot of gadgets... which is probably why it takes me waaay too long to cook.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
My lasagna. I'm telling you, that Tofutti tricks EVERYONE!
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu. You can use it for anything. It's like the duct tape of the food world.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
A radio, a flashlight, a can of pencils and pens and batteries. Bad feng shui.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Banana, bread, corn niblets.
20. What's on your grocery list?
Mini pretzels, garlic powder, raisins, apple juice, diced toms, white kidney beans, curry paste, 2 cans of coconut milk, pasta, pasta sauce, milk and bread
21. Favorite grocery store?
Whole Foods- but it really drains the pockets. :-/
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
White Chocolate everything
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
I read them all everyday. Just look to the right of my posts for names.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Tropical Source raspberry chocolate bars. My most favourite is white chocolate, but I have yet to try a vegan version. 6 years! God help me.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Whole coconuts. It wasn't for cooking, it was to make cups.
26. What was your favorite food BEFORE becoming veg*n?
Before being vegan, of course it was white chocolate and anything with cheese. Before being vegetarian, I loved kielbasa, chicken cutlets and Italian subs.